Holistic Health Practices that Work Well with Traditional Medicine
Holistic practices such as massage, meditation, and acupuncture are getting immense attention because they help the body recover faster when combined with traditional medicine. Another reason for their wide usage these days is that they accompany the most negligible side effects.
Although modern medicine is a blessing for today’s world, they also have various side effects. Therefore holistic health practices are gaining traction as global health challenges become complex. But it is important to know what holistic health is and how it works with traditional medicine.
What is Holistic Health?
Holistic health refers to an approach to life in which multiple aspects of wellness are considered. In holistic health practice, an individual recognizes his body, mind, social, mental, spiritual, and intellectual wellness. A person has to take an active role in his health decisions and healing processes through adopting a healthy lifestyle.
Holistic health practices have their roots in ancient tradition. The prime motive of holistic health practices is ancients’ use to cure their diseases and remain healthy. Holistic health approaches are divided into the following categories:
- Mind-Body Interventions: Includes relaxation classes using behavioral and psychological techniques.
- Manipulative and body-based Therapies: It Utilizes movement of the physical body and practices like massage therapy and chiropractic
- Biologically Based- Therapies: it includes biological and plant-based treatment using herbal medicines.
- Alternative Medical Systems: Traditional Chinese Medicine is an excellent example of an alternative medical system developed from the western biomedical approach.
- Energy Therapies: These therapies involve some form of healing treatment using ultrasonic, thermal, or subtle energy. Practices include Reiki or healing touch.