With so many aspects of our lives being transformed in a short time, stress and fatigue is a completely reasonable response. We need to acknowledge it as normal and forgive ourselves and each other for having these feelings and slipping up.
According to the CDC, stress and anxiety around COVID-19 may include:
- Changes in your eating habits
- Difficulty sleeping or a shift in your sleep pattern
- A strong sense of fear about your health or the health of your loved ones
- Having trouble focusing or concentrating
- An increase in your use of alcohol, tobacco or other drugs
- Your chronic health problems getting worse
How can we continue to cope when it starts feeling harder and harder to stay home? How can we recommit to doing what’s best for the health and safety of ourselves and others?