All coaches must understand stress management and how it’s connected to personal success, sports performance, fulfilling relationships and optimal health. When you earn your certification, you will have the vital skills to become a highly-in-demand coaching professional.
You will make a difference in the lives of your clients while enjoying a personally and financially rewarding career as a Certified Stress Management Coach.
When you enroll in this popular online training course, you will enjoy easy-to-follow training including comprehensive videos to support your required textbook and when you’re ready, an online exam. Through this coaching course, you will learn exactly how to help your clients reduce and respond appropriately to stressors (both good and bad) for an optimal outcome. You will also be given the vital tools and resources to make a great living working from home, on the road, or from a small office. The choice is yours. You will be shown many career options including group coaching, seminars, workshops, online video coaching via Skype or Google Hangout and other technologies, or combining stress management coaching with your existing skills. It’s all here for you.
Stress management coaching is rapidly increasing in importance due to today’s busy and demanding lifestyles. There has never been a better time for you to become the solution!
Our stress management coaching program is designed for life coaches, as well as fitness and wellness professionals who want to expand his or her knowledge in the lucrative and expanding field. Teachers and professionals in various industries will also benefit from this exciting stress management course.
Through our stress management coaching course, you can help others reduce and respond appropriately to stressors (both good and bad) and simultaneously make a great living working from home. You also have a multitude of business options including group training, seminars, workshops and combining stress management caching with your existing skills.
Your clients or friends are always talking about how “stressed” they feel and how they need stress relievers to help them cope with their present lifestyle. Why not learn the tools to teach them stress relief practices? Now, with the Spencer Institute’s Stress Management Coaching Program, you can help individuals and groups in a multitude of ways.
● You will have unique knowledge and an exclusive certification that complements your current certification.
● Your knowledge of mind-body fitness, health, and wellness will double, and you will be more acute to the challenges of your clients.
● You will have a deeper insight about your current training methods and their histories, and the confidence to improve them.
Key points to consider:
● You will have knowledge and a skillset that is in high demand and you will see that you are never short of exciting and lucrative personal and business opportunities.
● Say goodbye the monotony of the 9-5 (if you want). You can set the hours that are most convenient for you and give you personal time with your family and friends.
● You have the opportunity to coach from the comfort of your home or anywhere else in the world with Internet and phone access.
● You can say goodbye to the dullness of a corporate cubicle and run your coaching business online, from your home, at the local park, or at your own fitness center.
● You will have the time, energy, and passion to expand your influence and share your expertise. You can write a book, create fitness information products, or even have your own TV or radio show.
● With this additional education and certification you will make yourself more valuable and a “GoTo” authority in the Mind, Body, and Fitness industries.
● You will learn many different life-changing techniques and systems that can enhance your own fitness routine and personal success.
● You will have the power, knowledge, skills, and best practices to dramatically enhance the lives of others who are in need of a balanced and physically and mentally healthy life.
● You will feel happier, healthier, and more empowered, and you will know the joy of having a career that gives you stage to drive motivation and help other
What is stress management?
In its traditional form, stress management is a broad term that encompasses education and training in the nature of stress. You will master skills and practices such as improved breathing techniques, relaxation, meditation, and visualization to help increase body awareness and give back control and understanding of physiological functions. You will guide your clients to increased happiness and contentment using these skills.
STRESS FACTS: Proof that you have job security and people need your professional help
- 75% of the general population experiences at least “some stress” every two weeks (National Health Interview Survey)
- Half of those experience moderate or high levels of stress during the same two-week period.
- Millions of Americans suffer from unhealthy levels of stress at work. (A study several years ago estimated the number to be 11 million–given events since that time, this number has certainly more than tripled–studies in Sweden, Canada, and other Westernized countries show similar trends.)
- Worker’s compensation claims for “mental stress” in California rose 200-700% in the 1980s – 2000s (whereas all other causes remained stable or declined!)
- Stress contributes to heart disease, high blood pressure, strokes, and other illnesses in many individuals.
- Stress also affects the immune system, which protects us from many serious diseases.
- Tranquilizers, antidepressants, and anti-anxiety medications account for one fourth of all prescriptions written in the U.S. each year.
- Stress also contributes to the development of alcoholism, obesity, suicide, drug addiction, cigarette addiction, and other harmful behaviors.
- The U.S. Public Health Service has made reducing stress since the year 2000 one of its major health promotion goals.
- 54 percent of Americans are concerned about the level of stress in their everyday lives.
- 62 percent of Americans say work has a significant impact on stress levels.
- 73 percent of Americans name money as the number one factor that affects their stress level.
- Increasing numbers of children, teenagers and college students report feeling under stress.
Your FREE Bonus
Life Coaching Business Success – This is a must-see LIVE presentation by Dr. John Spencer Ellis explaining the ins-and-outs of life coaching business. You will learn about business structure, marketing, web sites, passive income, information products and building a successful coaching practice.
A $100 Value – Yours FREE!
Course Textbook (purchased separately for a very low price)
The Everything Stress Management Book
by Eve Adamson
(order at Amazon)
Filled with a wealth of charts, tables, vital warnings, and handy hints, a wonderful guide to stress reduction defines stress and its causes; shares the latest, most effective techniques for suppressing anxiety, from simple exercises and stress-fighting foods to aromatherapy and massage; and more.
What are my career options as a Certified Stress Management Coach? How will I make a living with this professional credential?
The great thing about being a Certified Stress Management Coach is that you have endless career and business opportunities. Some primary careers include: coaching clients one-on-one in their home, your home, or your office. Many coaches coach in groups to help more people and earn more money per hour. In addition, you can seek out alternative (and frequently very lucrative career opportunities) as a blogger, writer, podcast host, author, online content provider, online video host or publisher of digital education products. You can also offer your services online to individuals, small groups or large groups. You can use fun online communication/collaboration platforms such Skype, Google Hangout or iChat for your coaching services. You can become an expert for authority websites such as WebMD, eHow and Livestrong. You can become a frequent expert guest on podcasts, radio shows, TV talk shows, news programs or in industry publications. The list of opportunities is truly endless. Nothing is hold you back. So, go make a difference today!
How will I get clients?
This is actually much easier than you may be thinking right now. Here are some examples: Facebook is an excellent resource. An account is free and building a fan page takes less than 5 minutes. You can advertise to very specific groups of people who want and need your services. Of course, you can also use Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and your other favorite social media platforms. It’s 100% FREE. Create and post a press release about your business launch. It’s simple and free to syndicate your press releases across the web. Creating a blog for your business is very fast and essentially free. We have resources for your online marketing needs here. You can make training/coaching videos and post them to Youtube. When you offer this valuable free help, people get to know you and learn to like you. In return, they want to know more and they are directed back to your Facebook fan page or blog for details. Of course, you can post your videos to all video sites for an even greater reach. Adding your business to Yelp is also a great idea. It gets ranked high on Google which makes your job even easier. Make sure you also add your business profile to Google Local. That’s another free and easy way to get clients. As for off-line client-getting strategies, you can do any of the following: attend local charity events, speak at community events, do a lunch-and-learn at a local business, volunteer for a local charity, distribute door hangers, post flyers, add a graphic/banner to your car, and the list goes on and on. Once you get started, you’ll see how easy it is to do. Now that you know what you need to do, you just need to implement and the clients will come in on a regular basis.
Course Title: Certified Stress Management Coach
Credential You Will Earn: Certified Stress Management Coach (CSMC)
Program Overview: Comprehensive course including coaching concepts, business practices, scientific applications, scope of practice, techniques and business models for stress management coaching.
Intended for: Individuals who have a desire to expand their career options within the stress management or wellness industry.
Course Objective: To provide you with all the needed tools to create a successful stress management coaching career.
Continuing Education Units: ISSA 20 CEUs, Spencer Institute 2.0 CEUs, NESTA 2.0 CEUs, MMACA 2.0 CEUs, ITCA 2.0 CEUs
Recertification Requirements: Certification is valid for (2) two years. You are required to complete 2.0 units (20 hours) of CEUs (continuing education credits) to keep your certification valid. Please review the 2-Year Recertification Guide for further details.
Learning Format: Online access of materials including video Powerpoint lectures and non-proctored online exam. Internet access is required. Content is provided in an online format which is accessed through an online secure website. Once you register, you will be given immediate access to begin your studies. You can test when you are ready.
100% Online Learning: The only special technology you will need is an Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash video player. Both of these are installed on 98% of all computers. If needed, they are FREE: Get Adobe Reader or Get Adobe Flash player
Certification Exam Requirements: Passing a 100 multiple choice, non-proctored online exam with 70% or higher. Three attempts at the exam are given. Results are known immediately.
Retest Fee: $95 retest fee applies if the passing requirement is not met at the end of the third exam attempt.
Estimated Completion Time: Course and exam should be completed within one year of purchase. The average student can complete the course if they dedicate approximately 40 hours of study time.