You’ve likely been to someone’s facility and everything just seemed old. Some things that are “old school” are cool and interesting. But, and old chair (not an antique) in an office that looks beaten up is not appealing.
The same is true for someone’s website that hasn’t been updated in 2006.
The same is true for the content of a training course.
The same is true for the person’s style or personal brand.
The same is true for print materials, business cards, logos and other identifiers of you or your company.
You always need to keep things fresh, current, relevant, exciting and interesting to people.
Yes, some iconic logos should never change. However, in general, you likely need your business and brand “freshened up” if you’ve been in business for any length of time.
At NESTA/Spencer Institute, we have a full time team dedicated to continually updating each of our programs. It never ends.
Imagine the story of how they paint the the Golden Gate Bridge. When the painting crew gets finished at one end, they start over again at the beginning. The cycle doesn’t end.
Just for a moment, think about these things and be honest with yourself.
1. How old is your logo? Does it still make sense? Do you even have a logo?
2. When is the last time you had new photos taken? Do you even look like the same person?
3. When is the last time you updated a menu for your clients (if you do this)?
4. When is the last time you updated your skills so you are a better trainer/coach?
5. When is the last time you updated your website/blog?
6. When is the last time you wrote an email to your list?
7. When is the last time you updated your wardrobe?
8. When is the last time you did a deep cleaning of your home, apartment, office, gym, studio and car?
9. When is the last time you updated your phone or computer? If it’s lack of functionality that’s holding you back, you need to update.
10. When is the last time you learned how to use new software or an app that helped grow your career?
It’s possible not all of the above apply to you. But, we bet at lest half do in some way. So, take this time for an honest assessment, and do what is needed to stay fresh and relevant.
That’s it for now.
Thanks for reading.