What is Hemispheric Integration and How is it Used in Life Coaching?
Hemispheric Integration is a revolutionary technology discovered and developed by Allen C. Sargent, author of The Other Mind’s Eye: The Gateway to the Hidden Treasures of Your Mind. This book is included FREE when you enroll in the Life Strategies Coach Training Program and Certification.
Hemispheric Integration with neuro-linguistics is founded on the scientific principles of how the brain processes information and influences thinking patterns. Once we understand this structure – limiting beliefs, phobias, and traumas can be resolved, and the client is then free to create lasting change, now and in the future. These tools and techniques can be used as a valuable adjunct in psychotherapy, and stand alone at the cutting edge in the evolution of personal growth.
When we ‘think’ of events, experiences, or have imprints from past traumas, there are two distinct perceptions being processed by each amygdala (one located in each hemisphere of the brain.) The left hemisphere is responsible for logical, linear thinking, and the right hemisphere is more concerned with spatial relationships, the essence of self, and personal safety.
If we consistently use perceptions from only one side of the brain, our choices are limited and personal conflicts remain unresolved. You’ve heard the phrases, “I see it in my mind’s eye…” or, “I have half a mind to…” If this is descriptive of what is actually happening in our thinking process, we may literally be using only half of our potential. Hemispheric Integration opens many new possibilities by teaching you how to access your “other mind’s eye.”
Updating Your Personal ‘Database’ – Being Congruent
Learning to have conscious control of which hemisphere to use for a given task or relationship broadens the range of choices and responses available to us. Imagine being able to understand and access your brain as it was designed to be used – enabling you to update your database of knowledge and to make full use of all thought processes – intentionally. With this integration of information, a person is able to develop congruency with their body, mind, and spirit, thus having personal control and making choices from the inside out rather than being overwhelmed or defined from the outside in. Accessing our full potential opens doors that we didn’t even know existed – until now!
Hemispheric Integration Is Being Used Successfully To:
* Discover and Solidify a True Sense of Identity/Self-Concept and Esteem
* Sport Psychology
* Relieve Phobias – Resolve Past Traumas
* Improve Relationships / Family Issues
* Competitive Focus
* Overcome Anxiety and Depression
* Change Unwanted Habits Like Smoking, Procrastinating or Overeating
* Break Free from Addictions and Compulsions
* Move Through Grief with Grace and Dignity
* Find Your Passion – Take Charge of Your Life
* Improve Communication Skills / Resolve Conflict / Negotiate Successfully
* Expand Learning and Creativity
* Increase Physical, Mental, and Emotional Health
* Enhance Leadership and Performance Skill
* Upgrade Business Productivity and Achieve Professional Goals
* Develop Self Care and Empathy Skills for Caregivers